From:
Alex Haynal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 1996 16:35:29 GMT
Just an update on Erp and a question for all you fert experts out there.
Erp is getting better slowly but surely.  I think he is still a little
depressed about being seperated from his fert buddy because he still sleeps
a lot.  He is showing some signs of life though.  As soon as I walk over to
the cage, he perks up and wants out.  When I let him out we spend some time
playing on the couch and then he is off to pursue our cats and dogs.  His
weight is still not what I would like it to be, but we are working on that.
He's is eating the Totally Ferret and I give him Ferretvite daily.  I was
wondering if some Science Diet Cat Food mixed in with his TF would help put
some more weight on him?  Or would this just upset his digestive system?

Also, Erp recently discovered our rabbit.  He lives in a very large pen in
the back of our living room.  The cage has a slide out pan in the bottom but
he is littler trained so the pan stays clean, just filled with pine bedding.
Erp's new thing is to weasel his way into the pan and stand underneath the
rabbit wagging his tail back and forth really fast like a puppy.  Does
anyone know why he does this?  Its funny to watch except the mere sight of
Erp causes the rabbit to go into coniption fits.  He bounces around his cage
like there is a shark beneath him.

I had no idea ferrets and rabbits did not get along.  I knew ferrets will
try to kill rodents but it never ocurred to me that Rabbit was a rodent in
Erp's mind.  Oh well, I'll just have to figure out some way to keep Erp out
of the pan and schedule their play times differently so they are not out at
the same time.

Alex