From:
[log in to unmask] (Greg Hastings)
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 94 17:50 MDT
Jennifer,

We have a two five year old females and they also sleep alot. Pooh and
Tat have their bounce moments but for the most part they are content to
eat, sleep, and take it easy. It seems as they get older they slow down
quite a bit even though all I have read says they stay active 'like kittens'
right up to the end. I suppose that is true in the sense they still
bounce every once in a long while but nothing like the baby or even Pongo,
who is just over a year old.

Update - Tat, Frisby & Willie:
Tat and Frisby went to the vet yesterday. Tat for her blood/sugar retest
and Fris for the bandage to be taken off her tail. Tat's report is so so,
her blood sugar is still too low but up from when she was diagnosed with
Insulinoma (40 when diagnosed 66 yesterday - 75 or less is bad).  We'll try
to keep her to her diet (high fiber to conserve her "natural sugars").  Vet
is investigating a drug for blocking insulin.  She hasn't seen in any
literature whether it is effective in ferrets.
Fris had the bandage changed, and all is looking well.

Willie is finally up and moving around. He doesn't think it is time yet
to bounce or climb but it is good to see him checking out the stash areas.
We didn't lock him up last night and he got up with Alice this morning
for breakfast.

Greg and Alice                                               [log in to unmask]