Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:26:36 -0800
I am very distraught to see anyone tell somebody else that they should
leave this list.

I am in agreement that it would have been better for Ed to email June
privately with his request but I think it is being taken the wrong way by
all of you.  I know Ed, and I know June, personally, and like both of them
(even though I sometimes question Ed's logic, he IS a ferret lover).  I am
so sorry for June and her family - they are very good people but I do NOT
find Ed's request offensive in any way.  After all, isn't it the people on
this list that are always requesting a necropsy be done on ferrets that
have passed over the bridge under mysterious circumstances (such as Kevin's
ferrets)?  Seems to be the same thing that Ed is requesting.  It is all for
research purposes and what better way to find out more about ferrets?  This
is how it is done, people.  I do not think that Ed was being insensitive in
his actions.

It is very difficult to lose a family member, and I am sorry if anyone felt
that this request came "too soon" but in order to do this, you need the
remains fairly quickly.

This all sounds very morbid, but everyone MUST come to terms with these
things so that more knowledge can be gained from tragedy.  It is
unfortunate, but this is how it is done.

I respect June's wishes and her choice.  It is her family's decision.

Please do not turn this list into another Ed bashing session.  Personally,
I am so tired of seeing breeders "advertise" their stock on these lists.
It sickens me that anyone would use a list like this to solicit business
(except for shelters in need).  Ed may not have handled his request
correctly by making a public post but we are all adults and NOBODY should
ask anyone to leave a list - that is not fair.  We are all here to express
our opinions and experiences, including those that are not so pleasant.
DO NOT waste your time flaming me, I do not respond to idiots.

Just my two+ cents.