From:
Public Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 15:07:51 -0500
HI all - JERIMIAH here!
Wooooweee!  It has been kind of fun , er Mom says crazy here lately.  We
have been having so much fun-- more than usual let me tell you why - seems
Mom had to go to a 3 day school thing-- anyway she talked Dad into taking
holiday from work to be around ..  well you know it gets really fun-- at
least for us cuz he is a real guy!  He lets us out to play... and lets us
make a mess, and doesn't ever care or tell us anyway.  The next time we
come out the stuff we spilled is still on the floor and we gets to spread
it around especially the rice from the dig bucket -- and specially the
little wood pellet things from the litter box ..  well Handsome even
played in the bucket with fresh wood pellets -- we pushed them around.

Mom came in at night when we was tucked in for the night-- I could here
some kind of cow mooing noise... I think- then the vaccy machine comes on
and wakes us back up with its high pitched noise.  We did this for 3 days
each day seeing if we could make the mess better!!  Then she was tearing
our cages apart and scrubbing them down & all.  Last night it was really
really late when she went to the sewing room I think it was about 1 Am or
so.  She played with little Lulu and talked to her then when she came out
to play -- Mom had more other work to do and snuck out.This morning Mom was
a little late coming to wake us it was 9 :30 or so and she found old Lulu
still in the little room, but not in a snug sack, she was kind of wobbly
and on the tile floor.  Mom said she was getting ready to go see her friend
Missy at the bridge.  Mom picked her up and talked softly to her.  She told
her what a good girl she was and that when she was ready she could go she
had spent enough time caring for us shelter kids.  Mom held her and wrapped
her in a big soft warm sack then sat and watched us kids play all the time
holding little Lulu.  I could see Lulu in Mom's arms then Mom left and took
Lulu out with her.

Her nice condo cage still has all her blankies in it but Mom took the water
bottles down.  We tried to get in and look for her but it is all locked
up... I wonder if she has any treats in there?

Mom said for me to ask Sandee to watch for Lulu she is almost 8 years old
and was a tiny little dark nosed gal.  Her friend Missy left some time ago
for the bridge and Lulu has been lonesome since then.  That means now Rex
and Bear are the oldest kids here at the shelter.  Ol' Rex he and I are
real buddies - we sometimes sleep in the same hammie.  He goes to the vet
for shots every month to help keep him young or sumpin' like that.  Tonight
is shelter helper night and I thinks they will be doing lots of our laundry
tonight-- oh no-- got to protect my bed!

The new boys are real happy little Emma Emily came back form getting her
haircut and vacation at aunt Judy's she is sharing the small condo with the
white boy and little Mouseketeer who will be going to her new home soon.
Mom lets all of the young kids out to play -- at the same time-- you think
I make a mess.  There is 2 of those brown boys who think the water dish is
a hat-- 2 times they spilled water all over the floor- that ought to make
mopping a cinch!  Mom sputtered when they got the water mixed in with
spilled rice..  not sure why though???

Then I heard her mutter-- really about if she had their energy she would be
rich!  Not sure what rich is but I bet it means she wants to play more!
They sure does play a lot-- and one of them stole the ferretone bottle--
BUT they messed up- Mom found it right away when she put them to bed-- they
hadn't even gotten the top off I need to teach them a little better!  Mom
is planning to replace the broken tubes for the Holiday!  YEAH!  she has
been throwing it away a section at a time!  I can barely wait!!!!  Today
all 6 of the young kids were chasing each other round & round through the
tube and ball set up what crazy kids!  Now the older kids Annabelle and
Marie who is by the way slowly getting less nervous- she hasn't bitten Mom
in 4 days now-- and Daniel are all out playing.

There is lots of neat stuff on e-bay this week in case you need to buy a
special ferret a gift-- hint, hint!  There is even a apron for the cooking
crafting folks with ferrets on the front too!  Here is a few things that
I told Mom I though you would find especially fun:

M&M top sleeper yummy, yummy   ends 12/2
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=506902617

A new deep pocket fleece lined ferret bed    ends   12/2
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=507229715

A top sleeper in purple with gold reindeer    ends  12/3
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=511222104

A top sleeper with angel teddy bears on it  so cute- ends 12/6
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=510443145

PIZZA!   Pizza on a dig proof sleeper!!!!!  ends 12/ 6
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=513861147

Apron with ferrets for holiday - anyday for humans   ends 12/8
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=513606423

and if you can't find the special gift here- our friends at the Ferret
Store may have it and if you shop through "The Ferret Store" banner  link
at the shelter website    www.ferretwise.org

5% of the purchase price will come back to help care for all of us kids!
I hope to see lots of you for open house on Sat Dec 9th-- remember if you
come over tonight for shelter helper night the key words are "Pizza for
Jerimiah!"

See you all soon--
Jerimiah
Jr Mascot