From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2002 22:13:52 -0400
Hey everyone-
WOw can you even stand it- lots more going on around here!  The state guy
Rusty stopped in and you should have seen his eyes get big-- he walked
around and said to Mom - ( the other kids told me) I thought you were
cutting back- not an empty cage?!  Well we sure do seems t fill up fast
here- and the overflow unit is full of the breeder kids and the spare
cage is waiting for a sick kiddo-- Poor mom is running more than ever!

Then he counted us all and told Mom the shelter was good an clean and
everyone looked fine!  Phew another spection done !  - SO whilest he was
here we was running around - he didn't really take kindly to Garnet, Harry
and Curly putting their noses up his pant leg.  Mom tried to catch them
but a couple times they just started climbin' in!  Hee ha ho!  Anyways he
finally said we had personalities - which Mom said was good for a guy who
likes big animals like cows & horses!

Today Mom was at the vets again- seems the little breeder gal has gotten
a fection- and they say she is not having any little ferrets - so Mom got
her meds today- she gets the pink stuff then on Thurs.  she goes to the
vets for her tummy fixing.  Plus -- on Monday Salsa goes in for a barium
series cause she just has different poops-- then another kid goes in on
Friday for a lumpy tail.  We is all keeping things hopping here!  Poor ol
Mom!  We is hoping some folks will want to give some of the kids a new
loving home.  Ol Midnight is growing her hair back after her spay-- she
looks like she has a blue belly!  - Sinbad is doing good afte4r his
tutoring-- I would like to play with him soon- Mom is making me wait a
bit longer-- The three ferreteers Skippy, Skipper & Fat Rat are doing
good -- Mom is hoping someone will be big hearted enough to take all three
together as they would get sad if they had to leave alone-- OH yeah-- get
this Charles left!  He really did - he met a gal named Peanut-- she was
real pretty with white feet- I told her I was better-- but she flirted
shamelessly with Charles and they left to get married-- Hmmm..  she has no
idea what she is missing BUT less competition now for yours truly!  Harry
gets to teach a class on Saturday May 11- at the Charlestown NH library --
he is gonna let folks know all about ferrets and maybe some folks will
come here to visit!.  Do a good job now Harry!  The shelter folks will be
donatin' some books to their library too for folks who want to learn more
about us!  Oh the tiny tiny new boy Diesel is doing pretty good - he is
starting to stretch out and does not make that crying noise no more--
Garnet and Harry and Curly are helping shelter Mom by keeping him outta
trouble-- just wait a few more weeks have I got a trick or two to teach
him! :)

There is more stuff on ebay this week-  even a silver ferret ring ( looks
just like me!) which will help pay the vet lady for all her hard work.
If you need  special thing or two please check the stuff out -
http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedItems
&userid=creativekolor&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25

I will tell you all about the new kid(s) as soon as they arrive... and MOM
is still trying to finish making the history / coloring book to take to
the schools so kids know why we are such special critters - she says she
needs to end the ferret overload.  Must be a laundry cycle you think?

Heheheh  Stay tuned!
Your friend Jerimiah
mascot, Ferret Wise shelter
www.ferretwise.org