From:
Thomas and Tracy Lunt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 20:54:35 -0400
Hello everyone.  I have a question.  Fritz, our 4 month old male has a lump
about 1/2 the size of a pea on his back.  I noticed it a few minutes ago.
I'm very concerned.  Our first ferret, Toby, died of Juvenile Lymphosarcoma
and it started with lumps under his arms (Lymph Nodes).  This is on his
right shoulder blade (I don't know of any lymph nodes on shoulder blades).
He has a MUCH larger step-brother, Kodiak, who he wrestles with very hard.
He has a tendency to get scabbed up on his back.  We usually keep them apart
until it goes away.  I did see a few marks/scratches on and near the lump as
if it was a welt.  Could it be a welt?  If not, then what could it be?  He
is 4 months old and not acting any different AT ALL!  He does seem to be
tender in that spot.  Please respond either privately or Post.  Thank you
for listening.

P.S. Obviously we are taking him to the vet tomorrow if it doesn't go away!

           Thanks again.
          Tom & Tracy Lunt