From:
Connie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 12:31:49 EST
Hello!  I am a new parent of a neutered & de-scented pair of fuzzies.
Being new I am full of questions and want to make sure I do all the right
things.  The only major problem I am having right now is biting.  The
female, Maggie, bites me.  This isn't nipping, it's "I've got my teeth into
your hand and I'm going shake you" biting.  I don't believe in the nose
flicking thing so I am picking her up by the scruff of the neck like a
mother ferret would and telling her no very firmly.  After 6 or 7 times she
stops for the rest of the night but will begin the routine the next day.
I've read about the bitter apple idea but will it make her not want to have
me hold her because of the smell?  The fuzzies are 2 years old and other
wise we are having a wonderful time together.  I would be gratful for any
advice anyone could give me.  I'm also looking to meet other parents in the
Connecticut area.  We live in lower Fairfield County.  Thanks for your help