From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 23:43:59 -0400
>Nala's case is frightening, especially if it was indeed 'just' an ulcer.

It is indeed.  I have been corresponding with Nala's owner privately, as
well as on another list that we are both members of.  I am the vet who
gave Nala her Lupron injection last Saturday - she looked and felt to be
in perfect health, except for adrenal signs.  Her symptoms are almost
identical to those shown by a ferret of my own a few years back - who had
very, very small bleeding gastric ulcers.  My ferret, like Nala, had shown
no signs until the day of death.  Ulcers are commonplace, and we often
think of them as something of a routine problem, but they're not always.
The problem is - how do we anticipate and treat these "silent" ulcers?
I'd love to know.  I'd love to still have my Mask.  I'd love to still
have Nala as a patient.

Dr. Ruth
Save lives - spay or neuter your pet.