From:
Meagan Quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 17:58:54 -0400
hi!

I am trying to search the web but I haven't found any real answers--I
thought maybe someone over here could help.

I make Bob C's gravy exactly as he says (except I use a meatgrinder not a
blender) -- my ferrets are in love with it for 3 almost years now.

Dr. Weiss says that I my 7 year old ferret, Keera has kidney disease.  I
don't believe it is super advanced but I am trying to find out more info.
She currently eats TF for Older Ferrets and chicken gravy (1 or 2x
daily).  If it was up to her, chicken gravy would be her only source of
food.  She even does tricks for it.

Needless to say, I don't want to stop giving it to her since she loves it
so much, but I worry that the protein in the chicken gravy is too high.

Has Bob commented on chicken Gravy for ferrets w/ kidney disease?  Is the
gravy too high in protein for her?

I was told to "just add water" to make sure she gets extra water in diet
to help "flush" out the kidneys.

She doesn't need SubQ's and isn't on any meds, so I seem to think she is
in the early stages of it.

I just want to do what I can to change her diet now instead of later.

Any suggestions?  Can someone point me in the right direction on where to
find more nutritional info on Bob C's Gravy?

Thank you,
Meagan