From:
A Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 2011 09:31:12 -0400
THANK YOU NANCY, With regard to your enlightening post on HSUS:

This is true! While in the late 90's great strides were taken to
promote the companion ferret via HSUS, and LIFE with the help of Ann
Davis, was scheduled and did give a pre event presentation at the HSUS
Conference in FL (yes I was one of the panel speakers along with Dr
Jean Wardell and others), that acceptance of the ferret as a companion
animal was short lived.

In fact, folks who were involved in the ferret embrace at HSUS were
demoted, removed from office. It was a short lived dream as the
movement was in place to move HSUS into a PETA based organization. IN
fact, I believe you will find that in the recent past they have merged.
There is a GREAT and GRAVE difference in animal WELFARE ADVOCACY AND
ANIMAL ACTIVISM AND FOLKS SHOULD LEARN THAT WELL.

The ASPCA is the closest humane friend the ferret has and the ferret
community needs to work to build a stronger relationship with them,l
make sure they have the educational tools they need, before even those
ties are broken.

Just my 2 cents form an old timer.

Alicia at Ferret Wise