From:
Kim Schilling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:08:27 -0500
I was thinking of all my loved ones yesterday, my friends and family, and
my tears flowed freely all day.  I've seen the messages going back and
forth, yet I haven't been able to bring myself to comment.  At five months
pregnant, I wonder to myself why on earth I would want to bring a child
into such a scary world.  I fear it will only get worse.

I sit in complete awe and find myself speechless.  There is so much to say,
yet words cannot even come close to describing the sadness, horror and
tragedy that the world witnessed yesterday and continues to witness today.
My boss Sal lost a dear friend Ace Bailey (ex-Blackhawk) on one of the
hijacked planes.  My best friend is still waiting to find out what happened
to her cousin who is among the missing in the WTC rubble.  We all will be
deeply affected for a long time to come.  My heart goes out to all the
people who are living amongst the actual chaos right now.  My heart cries
for all the people who have lost loved ones and those who still wait for
word on the lost.  I cry for the rescue workers who lost their lives trying
to save others.  Their families are suffering so much, with perhaps a
little comfort that they died doing what they lived for.  I can only make
the insignificant statement that I keep all of you in my thoughts and
prayers.  I wish all of you good things and healing from the inside out.

Warm wishes,

Kim Schilling
Director, Animals for Awareness
Author, Ferrets for Dummies