From:
Kelleen Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 1995 12:55:21 -0700
Hi,
I need to know asap the answer from any and all vets to a question.  If a
female HAS been spayed will she still allow a male to copulate with her?????
Also if you have a male & female that have been mating and you get the male
fixed and then also the female if she isn't yet will this behavior stop or
should they be seperated or what????  I have a man wanting to give up 2
ferrets to a good home but this is the situation....  The male will need
neutered absolutely and descented if new owner chooses.  The female will
require at the least an exploratory to determine if she has been spayed and
then descenting if new owner chooses.  The man says they HAVE mated but with
no offspring so I don't know what to think about the female having been
spayed or not!!!!  THANKS so much, this info.  is invaluable in placing
these babies in a proprer home to receive the proper care.....