From:
Bruce Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 1996 11:13:42 -0800
To Nancy:

>Our puppy thinks ferret poop is candy.  Yuck!  We've found a product that
>works keeping him from eating his own, but I'm not about to give any to
>the ferrets until I know it is safe.

Eating poop is a natural vice that many puppies perform.  Our own tash used
to clean out the litterbox every once in a while.

Most dogs grow out of it, with a little discipline.  The solution is not to
give drugs to all of your pets, or even your puppy.  Store-bought medicines
are not the solution in this case, and it is not something that I would
recommend to give to your ferrets.

Bruce Williams, DVM, DACVP              Chief Pathologist, AccuPath