From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 21:42:32 +0000
I read some of the comments and figured I'd add some things.I didn't
have much of a problem with my dogs who were 85+ pounds with my ferret.
I happen to live with Borzois, and lived with previous Borzois when my
ferret was alive. They are very gentle. Maybe larger dogs are gentler,
but everything has to do with the owner. If a dog is agressive, it is
the OWNER'S fault. The dog obviously is without a leader, what each dog
yearns for. They do NOT want to take up the burden of leading a pack.

Someone said that hounds shouldn't be mixed with ferrets. I don't know
about other groups or agressive dogs, but hounds are wonderful with
small pets. Remember, I say this because I spend a LOT of time each day
working with my three purebreds and I had a ferret with three different
Borzois, two at a time though, and the ferret was brought into an
established DOG family. Oh, and being purebred or not has nothing to do
with it. If I were to get a ferret, I'd be a little worried of Angel,
because she has the strongest hunting instinct and she is already
almost 3. I mean, she recieved her AKC FCH(field championship for
lure-coursing, it's where they have to chase platic bags on a course of
at least 775 in length) after only 4 or 5 trials. But, I wouldn't be
afraid of doing so because I can control her. And that's come from a
LONG time working with her, and even if I had one right now, we'd still
be doing much work. Most people don't understand the basics of dog
care. That's why people like Cesar Millan can make tons of cash. You
should never fear having a dog near a ferret as long as you're watching
out for them, but that only comes with much work and experience.

Cheers,
Agnesa

[Poster's address removed from archives by request]