From:
Robert Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 18:43:37 -0400
I want to thank everyone who wrote with all the support about JJ.  I took
him for a second opinion this morning/ Doc really confirmed what the other
one said but said it nicer and more complete.  The mass is on his spleen
and growing into his intestions.  Given his age (6 or 7) he really doen't
think surgery would do any good.  It's gone soo far.  But he did say that
after reading his file it seems that the swelling is going down.  Asked me
what I was doing and I gave him all the ins and outs.  Said even though he
doesn't know about all the holistic things, it seems to be making JJ feel
beter.  Had him check his eyesight,( just had a feeling) and he confirmed
it.  JJ is almost blind.  Gave me strips to check his urine at home since
I'm such a good cleaner and wiped up his urine off the examination table
too fast.  Ha ha.  But he wants his sugar level checked.  It might be to
high instead of low.  Boy this poor ferret has it all.  For the weakness in
his hind quarters he thinks it's the mass laying on a nerve.  But of course
just like a child, as soon as you get them to a doctor they act as if they
weren't sick.  Walked around the examination floor with very little
skidding.  Make me a liar ha ha.

Well the advice he gave me is to continue what I'm doing, check his urine
and say my prayers.  Told him alot of ferret lovers are praying for him.
Maybe another miracle like Timmy?  Here's hoping.

As I said before, THANK YOU.  everyone.  You know you could always count on
feret people.  I wish I could thank you all individualy but there was so
many replies I was just so overwhemed.

I keep updating you.
love and prayers
joanie and her gang  JJ, CoCo, Krispie, Leroy and Molly
dooks to all our friends