Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 22:45:00 -0500
I watched a wonderful thing today.  A blending of sable on silver /grey.
White paws and black paws touching and mixing.

Whoever said, "The simplest things are the most beautiful."  Must have
been watching ferrets sleep.

Sable on Silver/grey.

I saw Buddy sleeping , resting his head on Dweezles back.  Then Dweezlle
laying his head on Buddys neck.  Or both boys laying head to each others
tail, or side by side.  But the vision of Buddy lying beside Dweezle, with
Buddys paw "around" Dweezle was a sight that both makes a ferret caregiver
smile and catch their breath in the simplistic peacefulness of the moment.
At times it was noses and toeses.

Sable on Silver/grey.

Buddy on his broad back, paws in the air, gentle strokes on his tummy, or
along his jaw brings little yawns.

Dweezle streched as far as he can, front paws held together as if in
prayer.  Little nose twitches as if looking for the secret stash of
raisinsin his sleep.

Sable on Silver/grey.

I smile as my friends talk about the new cars, the bigger SUV's, the
newsummer cottages, the Club memberships.  To many of them I'm missing
something.

No, I'm not, I have it all.  I have the clumsy bounding and tripping.
I've enjoyed the sound of a tail wagging in their big cardboard tube.  I
have the dooks, the chorlting.  I have the ear nuzzles.  I have the warm
fur kid lieing across my foot I have the furry face peeking out of my
jacket sleeve.  I love the sneak attacks to bound off with the evil attack
socks.  I have the two warm fur boys sneaking in my bed, to nap with me,
then pushing me off their pillow.
Sable on Silver/grey.

It's so simple They sleep so trusting, so care free, they know I'm
watching them, they know I'm here to cover them, treat them, offer
scritches and treats, piggy back rides, and towel rides till they nap in
the towel.

I don't need a thing, maybe a peek at them sleeping again.  I have all the
colors of the world .

Sable on Silver/grey.

David and the boys