From:
David Caudill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 18:05:14 EDT
Hello,
I am currently living in Dayton, Ohio and I need some info ASAP.

I have three ferrets that have pretty much free-reign of the house.  Well,
a couple weeks ago we had to call 911 because of a medical emergency here
at the house.  The paramedics apparently decided that they were concerned
for the four children because there are ferrets in the home.  Is anyone
aware of any laws or anything that would justify their concern?  The last
time I called the local Humane Society, they told me that ferrets were
legal here and that there were no special laws or concerns regarding
ferrets.  I will be calling the Humane Society asap about this.  Also, if
anyone can get me the HSUS statement or their website (if it contains the
statement) about ferrets being domestic pets and should be afforded the
same rights/status/etc as cats/dogs.  Also, I could use the paper from the
Department of Agriculture that states that ferrets are domestic animals.  I
would be happy to pay for any shipping costs.  Thank you.  My address is:

David Caudill
719 Fulmer Drive
Dayton OH  45403

Sincerely,