From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 22:09:23 -0500
Er, ah, Missouri, that is. What a whirl-wind trip, but made all the better
for meeting nice folks with huggable ferrets. A more than worthwhile trip,
both science and ferret wise.

I left home with two ferrets and returned with five of my own and three for
someone special whom I am transporting in a few weeks.  All I can say is
that "Baby" has a temper and is not afraid to use it.  While stopped at a
fast-food restaurant, the sweet little thing in the window was admiring my
ferrets and asked to see the baby.  I took the little tyke out and was soon
swarmed by teenybopper fans, which, of course, I hated.  But "Baby" seemed
to love it, and threw a fit when it was over.  He sounded like a goose run
over by a goat.  Then, he trashed his cage and my car.  Spunky little devil.
I envy his owner.

My new three include G.W.F. (Great White Ferret), who I call G-W, a huge
albino male.  Silly is a silver mitt with a white racing stripe down his
head that is not only drop dead gorgeous, but almost a dead ringer for
Foster.  Then there is "Bobtail," and sweet little black sable who is the
spitting image in both looks and personality of Jet.  She is not yet named,
mainly because I have not yet found a name for her, but hope so in the next
few days.  I want it to have something to do with darkness or black, to
follow the trend in her familial names (Jet Black was Jets full name).

I got home last evening at 3am after a long and tiring drive made all
longer by frequent fert breaks and auto accidents (not me, but the freeway
was turned into a parking lot 5 times driving home.) Right now, I have
300+ emails to dig through, but am too tired to do much of anything except
let my buds know I made it home ok.

Bob C and 22 Mo Ferrets (Plus 3 for J)