From:
Ferrets at Heart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2013 17:22:19 -0400
Hello all! It's time for a fundraiser at Ferrets at Heart. You think
you've heard them all by now -- raffles, drawings, auctions, etc. --
but have you ever heard of a shelter having a writing contest? Oh,
and it's got a twist! Read through to the big secret!

The event is taking place on Facebook from now through Halloween at
https://www.facebook.com/events/616922235013561
(although the writing and voting have two separate deadline periods).
If you aren't already on the guest list or friend of a guest, then be
sure to friend me on FB to get in!

Here's the short version. The theme for the contest is kaiju -- That's
"monster" in Japanese -- pets. PayPal or snailmail $5.00 to Ferrets at
Heart, and you can post your story about a monster pet to be voted on
by other event participants. Votes cost 1 for $2.50, 5 for $10.00, or
13 for $20.00. First place gets a bundle of newly-released kaiju-themed
book goodies (one signed by an author!). The top three in the voting
ranks will be posted on our website -- when we finish updating and
redesigning it come November.

For the detailed info and deadlines, which uses long and involved
sentences, see the event page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/616922235013561

The goal of this event is to add to our Home Fund. We are trying to get
enough to put down on a house. Even if you don't want to participate in
the event yourself, please share this event (Yes, even to the dog/cat
people.). You could just even sign up and invite people as a favor to
Ferrets at Heart (Hint-hint).

*** BUT WE HAVE A BIG SECRET ***

A "big name" from the ferret community will be featured as a character
in a book given away in the top prize bundle! No, not me; I'm not that
famous! Read more on the event page!

With respect,

Lori Parker
Ferrets at Heart
Franklin, North Carolina

Shelter: (Site undergoing reconstruction)
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lori.parker.3538
Twitter: Http://twitter.com/BookwormPOV