From:
Ariel White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 1998 15:52:28 -0700
Over the weekend my female fuzzy, Taz, developed a swollen vulva with a
little bit of green ooze.  She's 3.5 years old, spayed, and in otherwise
excellent health.  She's eating/drinking/pooping regularly, her coat is
thick and soft, and she's still playing with the other two ferts.  She's a
little more cuddly/ tired than usual, but I've sorta tossed it up to the new
kit we've just added a week ago, as well as the fact that she's obviously
fighting something.

Of course, my first thought is "adrenal", but there aren't any other
symptoms.  The vet has issued a preliminary diagnosis of vaginitis, a
bacterial problem.  So she's on antiobiotics 2x daily with antispetic
cleaning of the area in question.  If it goes away and doesn't return, he
says, we've got it licked, if it doesn't go away, or if it returns, some
extra tests are in order.  He's taken a sample of the ooze for testing.

Her stool was quite runny at lunch (okay colour), and so I'm going to make
sure she stays fluid with a little pedialyte and I'll monitor her liquid
intake.

How does this sound to the more experienced?

Ariel, Jasper, Taz(I feel fine!), and Bit(he who may yet find a permanent
name)