From:
blaraway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 1998 10:31:01 -0500
I am a strong believer that the only reason why ferrets go crazzzzzy over
squeaky toys, babies crying and such.  Is the fact that most wounded and
dying animals (ie. rabbits, squirrels, rats and mice) make high pitched
cries.  I was once an avid hunter and used dying rabbit calls to attract
fox, mink, weasels and other predators.  Even birds would go crazy over this
call.  I do not think the noise gets ferrets upset or hurts them in any way.
I think it is just a part of being a predator.  I DO NOT hunt anymore but
still have several rabbit and squirrel calls that my ferrets go nuts over
when I squeak them.  As far as I am concerned this is more factual than a
lot of the reasons going on about high pitched noises lately.  After all our
little stink butts are predators.  Just my 2.5 cents.

 Brad, Donna, Taz the spaz, and Marie.

 Have you ever danced with a ferret under the light of a full moon? I have.