From:
Aristiana Forsetti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 22:06:11 -0800
Hi!

My question is for people very used in mixing ferrets.

I have 3 ferrets, 2 living together (1 Fem 1 Male) and 1 alone (1 Fem) in
is cage.  A first, i tried mixing bedding and cage.  I also let the 2 loose
when the other was in his cage (it's a midwest) so they smell each other
trought the bar.

Finally I let them togeter (3 month later).  The 2 are fighting the
newcomer, the newcomer is fighting back, but after a wile the new one hide
under a furniture or something else and never come back.  Like if she was
frightened to death.  No fear poop tought.  The 2 seems to ignore the new
one after a while, but the new will still scream to them whenever they
pass by.

If I look on his back, she have scratchs, reddish lines, but no real big
wound.

What should i do?  Let them together again or just separate them forever?

Last note: The new one always lived alone, she is about 1 year old.  The
other are 1 year and 1 year 1/2 old.  All spayed/neutered and up-to-date
on vaccine.

Im very very concerned about that, please help me.

Thanks.

Aristiana