From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2008 19:11:23 -0700
Dear All,

Many of you have contacted me about Rocky's Annual OKTOBERFEST in
recent months, and making plans to attend. We've decided to relocate
the event from my farm, to another venue. Just a few minutes from the
farm is an outdoor Pavilion set in 17 acres of beautiful woods. Already
the trees are wearing their Fall colored leaves. It's spectacular!! We
are renting the park for the entire day and night from the American
Legion Post 256 - Parkton, Maryland.

I'd always had this location in mind, should I need a backup plan. You
may recall that after FERRETSTOCK our tents received storm damage, we
are still working to restore them. Besides our parties, these tents
have housed many large rescues, so this must happen. Also, this years
soy bean crop was planted right up to the edge of the driveway, which
is one mile long off the main road to my home. The crop won't be
harvested until November, and there would be a threat of fire with
everyone parking on top of the dry crop.

So, I put into action Plan B, and I'm thrilled about it. All of the
volunteers have visited the Pavilion and are asking why we didn't
do this before. It's all inclusive with rest rooms, barbecue pit
pavillion, food and game pavillions, and the large main pavilion
where our DJ and raffles will be. It's just a perfect place for
us all to gather and party. AND we all can camp out there too!

So for those of you reading this, mark your Calendars for SATURDAY
OCTOBER 18th 2pm, to attend.

Here is a link for the details:

http://rockysferrets.com/events/of/oktoberfest.html

If you've never been to one of our parties, it's something every ferret
owner will enjoy. It's a party, pure and simple. It's not a show, it's
not a seminar with lectures, it's an opportunity for those that have
ferrets to come out from behind your computers and meet each other and
get up front and personal. One thing I've enjoyed over the years is
watching the friendships that resulted from these get togethers.

It's Rocky's Fall fundraiser. I'm proud that OKTOBERFEST receives the
support from our local community, and the national ferret community.
For all of the volunteers that work the shelter and the rescues we do,
it validates this effort, that you appreciate and want to see Rocky's
continue as a shelter. From all of us here at Rocky's, from our hearts,
we thank you for the 14 years of support you've given.

For those flying, BWI airport is just 45 mins away, and we can arrange
shuttle service for you. If you're driving and would be interested in
sharing the drive with someone from your area, drop me an email or post
an FML response looking for someone else from your area that wants to
attend. There are cabins, as well as hotel accommodations within a 12
minute drive of the park for those that prefer not to camp.

Rocky's shelter ferrets will once again be the stars of the event.
We will have many of our kids there. Before you come and fall in
love, even if you have no intention of adopting, go ahead and fill
out our application, which can be found at our website.

If you have any questions, please write me directly.

We're looking forward to a great party and all of you coming to
join in.

Affectionately,
Barb Clay
Dir of Shelter Affairs for Rocky's