From:
"Bruce Williams, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 22:24:26 -0500
Regarding administration of pred to ferrets -

Some ferrets like pred, most hate it.  It is a bitter-tasting drug - so a
lot of flavorings won't work, and the ones that usually are used are the
typical ones that "mask" the bitter tase - usually a very sharp cherry.

At my house, we simply grind up the appropriate tablets and incorporate
into a modest amount of baby food - it usually hides the taste pretty well.
But it is key to get the ferret to eat all of the baby food - that is why
you don't want to use too much baby food.

It also is predicated on getting your ferret to eat baby food first as
well.  But it works for us!

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, DVM