From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 09:54:01 -0400
>I think (and this will get me flamed) many ferret buyers think first of
>their wallet and well down the thought list is the ferrets well being.
>Otherwise why would they buy from a pet store?  I have accepted this fact
>and sell my animals to loving and discerning homes that want a better
>quality ferret.

Please realize that I am not flaming you!  You did say, "MANY"-not "most",
or "all"!  But I still must disagree with your statement!  Yes, MANY of us
live paycheck to paycheck so we do have to think about money, but for MANY
of us, a pet store is the only exposure we have to ferrets.  The reason
we buy from a pet store is because that is the only place we have seen a
ferret!  Maybe you live in an area where ferrets are widely promoted.  In
my area-zip-nada-nothing!  We only became legal a couple years ago!  THIS
IS WHY FERRET EDUCATION is so important!!  And about my ferrets being
somehow inferior-we won't even get into that!  To me, they are of the
HIGHEST QUALITY, and I probably would have to argue with anyone who says
otherwise!