From:
Kristi Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 1996 10:46:54 -0500
Hello Ferret Lovers Everywhere!
I am a very new ferret owner.  I have just one, her name is Mabyl Astrid.
When I brought her home from the pet store she was litter box trained.  I
was very lucky, for two weeks.  Unfortunately some idiot at the pet store
told me that I should use "Bird Country" (i.e. litter) for bedding.  I
argued with her at the store wondering if my new baby would get confused and
start going everywhere but the lady assured me that as long as Mabyl had
stool in her litter box, she would not be confused.  In addition, i
purchased a little rug to put in her cage to make it more "homey".  The lady
was wrong.  Mabyl has taken to going EVERYWHERE, including her litter box.
I went back to the pet store and another, more knowledgable attendent
assured me that if I bought Nature's Miracle and put it all over her cage
after cleaning it.  It would get Mabyl on the right track.  I was also told
to watch her to make sure we caught her if she would go elsewhere and give
her a little treat when she went in her litter box.  She only had one
"accident" all day and I promptly cleaned it up and sprayed more "Miracle
Nature Juice" in that area.  She was fine for the rest of the day and went
in her litter box.  I tucked her into her cubby and went to bed relieved.
The next day I was astonished to find that she had gone everywhere else in
her cage besides the litter box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am unable to stay up nights
trying to train our new baby but neither can I spend four hours a day
cleaning her cage out.  I don't know what to do.  Does anyone have any
suggestions?  This stuff just didn't seem to help at all.

Thanks in advance,

              Kristi Nelson
--
Kristi Nelson