From:
"E.M. Ennis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 11:08:09 -0500
Pardon me if y'all've heard this before, but I wanted to post this to the
group so everyone has the same info.  Whenever we're in a store and the
kits are too young to chew the kibble they're given, we politely inform the
employees (managers if we can) that the reason their ferrets aren't eating
(and often nipping/biting) is that they're too young to eat hard food.  We
recommend or offer to add water to the food to soften it up a bit.  You'd
be surprise how often this is a revelation to people who are supposed to
be able to inform their customers about proper care... A little ferretone
doesn't hurt especially if they're being fed MF or 8in1.

      -Erin...