From:
Lois Caselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 22:47:00 -0500
Hi All,
At our house we have had the postman's motto for at least the past 5
years.  You know... Neither rain, nor sleet...

Ours wake us up at 5.30 every morning.  There is 2 designated ankle
biters to wake us up while the other 14 line up at the patio door to
go out.

In the winter they do want to come in and warm up and go back out but I
try to not let them out a second time since my husband and daughter and
son-in law has to be out there on watch patrol with them at all times and
can't come in and warm up.

In the summer its still cool at that time of morning and when it's
raining they love it!  The only time they don't get to go out is when the
wind is blowing hard.  We don't want a tree branch on them and boy do
they pout!

No flames please because we have a ferret proof yard that we built
ourselves, and yep it was trial and error until we got it right.  We have
also installed floodlights that make the neighbors happy but hey we can
see our little ones.  And we have what looks like guard patrols.  One
walks the perimeter to make sure there are no holes, one does roll call
every couple of minutes, one makes sure that the ferrets are behaving and
everyone is doing their jobs to perfection, (that would be my husband)
and last but not least (me) gets to sit in a chair out of the weather and
make fun of the ones getting poured on or slipping on ice...and take care
of the pegboard that we keep track of who comes in and out.  This really
isn't as easy as it sounds since some like to inandout.  I hate that LOL.

Anyway, we have never had any problem with the ferrets and weather.

Lois
Missing 8
Hugging 16