From:
Sue Dastous <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 1995 21:58:33 -0500
Hi all!
>I have a question for everyone.  Does your ferret pout?...

My fuzzit, Sammy, "pouts" also.  Sometimes when Sam is walking around the
room, he'll suddenly drop down flat on the ground and just lay there for a
few seconds.  I thought he did that because he was tired or bored.  It's
really cute, though.  (Also a good time to get a picture of him!) Buddy, my
other boy, does this sometimes, too.  Tequila and Cinnamon, the two girls,
are too busy running around to stop for even a second!

Mary posted a few days ago about adding levels to ferret cages.  My four
fuzzbeans live in a cat play pen (3' X 2' X 4' high).  It came with only two
of those little plastic shelves.  I added more levels to the cage by cutting
pieces of 1/4" plywood to the width of the cage and about two-thirds of the
length.  (1/2" plywood is probably better, but I didn't have any at the
time.) Then I got some metal L-brackets and screwed them into the bottom
edges of the wooden shelves to make hooks to hang the shelves.  I covered
the shelves with scraps of carpet, tacking it down with a staple gun.  When
the carpet starts to smell, I can just rip it off and replace it.  I made
two levels that are 2' long and a "loft" level that is 16" long.  Each level
is spaced about 8 or 9 inches apart, so the fuzzies have no trouble climbing
from floor to floor (no ramps necessary).  Hope this helps anyone thinking
of adding levels to their ferret cages.

Happy New Year to everyone!!!!  :-)

Sue and the Fuzzy Four (Sammy, Tequila, Cinnamon and Buddy)