From:
Betty Bjorkman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 13:57:11 EST
Dear Meg:

Thank you for that very insightful email.  I was wondering why, when I came
downstairs the other morning, Rocky was on top of my keyboard.  Your email
has shed new light upon this mystery.  I was surprised when I found Rocky
there because I knew it had not been exactly easy for him to get all the
way up there ..  because he had to:

  (1) climb up on a chair;
  (2) hop onto the small table that holds the printer, and
  (3) then hop over onto a bigger table where  . . . the computer lives,
           AND
      (more importantly)
  (4) where, the communication device, THE KEYBOARD, lives.

BooBoo, who was standing on the floor and acting as Rocky's "look out",
actually managed to show a genuine expression of surprise when I came down
the stairs and found them.

Everything you said makes sense.  They are able to do a mind meld with the
humans.  We do unknowingly bend to their will.

Example 1:
Rocky was an only ferret until we felt compelled to get a "friend" for him.
Hence, BooBoo arrived and an immediate, lifelong friendship was bonded.

Example 2:
I cave in to their demands at 4 a.m.  or 5 a.m.  when they climb into my
bed and will stand there a breath away from my nose until I give them the
ferret treats that are kept in my night table top draw, AND some Poland
Springs water which is also conveniently located on my night table.

Example 3:
Rocky will stand on the kitchen floor and look at me until I pick him up
and allow him to have a drink from the kitchen sink.  I obviously received
his wishes telepathically.

Example 4:
They pretend not to hear you when you tell them something.  Teenagers do
this as well which gives credence to your theory about both ferrets and
teenagers being alien life forms.

I could continue with many more examples, however, I will stop here.  This
way I can be sure that I will have much more material to contribute to your
upcoming Scientific Journal article.  Please be sure to mention my name..
as a 2nd author at least!

Lots of love to you and your alien life forms (both ferrets and teenagers)

Betty and the Aliens

P.S.  -- A few minutes prior to reading your email, I had been crying
because I had read of another FML'ers heartbreaking loss.  My heart truly
went out to that person.  Then I scrolled down to your email.  You made me
laugh with your silly story (the best kind!).  Thank you!

All the best to you and your fuzzies.

Betty