From:
Carolyn Giliberto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 14:53:46 -0800
Hi,
We are kind of new ferret ownwers - We have three all a little over a year
old.  Saturday Pooh lost use of his back legs.  He has also lost weight
recently.  We took him to the vet and he took x-rays and said he thought it
was a spinal injuty and gave him a shot and said to wait.  After reading
more about this, I called him back today and asked him to take a blood test.
He is going to do the test but is still sure it is a spinal injury and
doesn't know if the damage will be permant.  If the blood work turns out OK
can anyone recommend and therapy (I saw a reference to pool therapy)?

We are all so upset about our little Pooh and would like to do anything we
can to help him and keep him comfortable.

Thanks so much,
Carolyn & Jon