From:
MELISSA A LANDEK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 2004 11:59:54 -0400
Hi,

I am new to FML and have recently moved so I am in need of either travel
information with ferrets or advice on finding a local ferret-sitter.

I know that there is information in the archives about flying with
ferrets but I couldn't find anything post 9/11 and am a little
apprehensive about smuggling a ferret.  My dillema is that I need to get
from Baltimore to Chicago around the holidays, I have called most of the
airlines that fly out of BWI and they don't accept ferrets.  ATA which
flys out of Reagan will accept ferrets, however, I thought ferrets were
illegal in DC.  Will that pose some sort of problem if I try to fly out
of and into DC with my ferret?

Alternatively, I was thinking of looking for someone that could come
and feed my ferret while I am away (10 days) but I am new to the area,
Baltimore, and don't know how to go about finding a sitter that has
experience with ferrets.  Or I guess I could board her.  Any suggestions?

Is it less stressful for the ferret to fly with me, be boarded, or stay
in her home with a stranger taking care of her?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
melissa