From:
chargrgrl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:04:48 -0700
Thank you to all that posted me back!!  I just wanted to make her as
comfortable as I can until we see the vet and I was wondering if there
was something I could do right away last night.

Actually, I just spoke with my new ferret vet I found out here, Dr.
Sacksteder and she said, since I just flea and tick shampooed her
yesterday to wait two days before I put Frontline on her.  So tonight
I will pick up the Frontline and put it on her tomorrow.

The Humane Society did not treat her because no one there knew anything
about ferrets so they were not sure on the right treatment for her.  I
called them today and asked if I can get one tube of Advantage or
Frontline that they use for the shelter kittens and they said they would
give me a tube of Frontline tonight for helping them out and taking her.

Poor little thing.  After the vet and ticks are taken care of, the biting
issue will be the next challenge.  But, the rewards in the end are so
worth it and I will have a great success story of a poor tick ridden,
abused, abandened, afraid and biting little baby girl found in a garage
that will become the sweetest licky face angel.

She also has some of the same markings as my baby blaze Simone, but she
is not a true blaze in the face.  She is kinda a blaze/cinnamon mix like
Lexxie, the other new rescue.

I moved from San Diego last summer to PA with only 4 rescued ferrets.
After a year of being out here I am now up to 12.  This past summer has
just been awfull for abandoned and rescued ferrets.  I know all the
shelters are full also.  I can't stress enough that people need to be
educated before getting one.  But seeing that cute little baby face at a
pet store is enough for some people I guess.  I just wished that you had
to take a class if buying anything bigger than a mouse at a pet store.
Maybe the shelters full of dogs, cats and other small animals would not
be so full.  But then I live in a dream world in a told..lol.

I will keep you updated.

Monica & The Fuzzy Bunch

Monica & The Fuzzy Bunch
Ferrets: Cloe, Zoe, Tonka, Ashtin, Baby Simone, Inky, Dinky, Maggie,
Petey, Giddieon and Lexxie
Plus 2 katty kats: Aireal and Duece
Never Forgetting My Ferrets with Wings