From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 07:19:22 EDT
Yeah Marlene!!!!  This has bugged me forever, even before I started to do
sheltering.

I don't breed, and have some very mixed feelings about shelters that do.
I do know of some who are really more shelter than breeder, taking in over
a hundred ferrrets a year and breeding maybe 2-3 litters a year.  A couple
that I can think of definitely delineate between the SALE of kits, and the
adoption of shelter ferrets.

Regretfully this type of shelter/breeder is few and far between.  I know
of one breeder who refers to their ex-breeders as "shelter ferrets for
adoption".  That disgusts me to no end!

Thanks for taking the time to point this out to other FML'ers, I wonder if
some people just don't realize what's going on?

Anne