From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Aug 2005 04:13:16 -0700
Hello FML --

I have been wondering what the ferret flop signifies.  Mine do it when
the Cat is near, but also when they seem to be having fun.  What's your
opinion?

Ricco was squirming through a transparent dryer-type tube and stopped,
flopped (I think -- they can't stand up in the tube), and wagged his tail
left-right rather rapidly for a moment or two.  Any guesses as to what he
expressing?

Are there books that describe these sorts of things?

Tonight I made a great discovery.  I am sure this wont be new to many of
you, but maybe others will find it new.  My ferts have always been pretty
squirmy at being held and petted.  Tonight I discovered that they (or the
three of the five I tried this with) got into the groove and soaked it up
when I got much more than usual into feeling how wonderful it feels to ME
caress them.

They always felt wonderful to me -- in fact that is one of the reasons
I fell in love at the pet store and took two home without doing any
research (veRy unLike me).

The dogs also love this approach to caresses.  They never complained
before, but they tell me This is something special!

Now, where is the Cat.

Tomorrow, a human.. ....

[F.C]