From:
Mary and Modern Ferret magazine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 1995 23:37:07 -0400
Quick questions for the docs. If a ferret has a reaction to a vaccine and
receives epinephrine and/or Benedryl, is that vaccination still effective? Is
the ferret protected?

Also, a friend's ferret just had a reaction to Fervac-D. The ferret had only
had Fromm-D before. Since people vaccinate their ferrets before the previous
vaccine actually "wears off" (that is, vaccination may last 14 mos, but
ferret is revaccinated at 11 mos--esp. true of show circuit ferrets) can the
presence of the two differently formulated vaccines in the ferret at the same
time be causing a problem? Or is the "vaccine" actually long since gone from
the ferret, leaving only the antibodies?

BTW--our friend's ferret is OK. He rushed the ferret back to the vet.

Mary, Eric & The Four Modern Ferrets: Sabrina (I hate needles!), Ralph (So do
I!), Marshmallow (Me too!), Knuks (What do you mean I have to get another
shot!?)