From:
Pauline Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:28:53 EDT
Hi Everyone,

Just to let you all know that our little Tam is still being the little
trooper that she is.  She continues to bring down the other ferrets
without hesitation.  I received much response including requests to keep
them informed of how Tam is doing.  Well Miss Tam, is a classic jungle
child.  She likes to hang from the cage, whether it be upside down or on
the sides you name it.  Because I was paranoid she would hurt herself,
we put down bedding all over the cage except over her litter pan.  She is
a pretty good monkey as it were.  She can hang for a long time and stare
at you with her cute round head.

I had her out playing in the play pen yesterday and being that we have
dogs, of course she is not intimidated by them most of the time and
bounces and plays.  Well, we had the pool guys out yesterday to close our
pool and so the dogs were locked inside while the men worked.  So of
course, each time the dogs barked, Tam would fluff out her tail and
shrink away as far as she could.  The dogs couldn't get to her and know
better than to touch the playpen.  And of course, I was in the the
playroom on the computer while she played.  Well after the men were done
and we opened the back door for the dogs to go out, Tam resumed her play
time.  Everything was quite and back to normal so we thought.  Miss Tam
being quite the acrobat and guiness she is, managed to push the Marshal
Play Pen to the side near some of my mom's school items and pushed her
way halfway up the playpen and hung there.  Well hearing noises that were
out of the norm, my dog came out to the play area to see what trouble she
was getting into and Tam knowing it was a dog, Let out the funniest Bark
that I have ever heard a ferret give.  IT was so loud for such a small
animal.  My dog ran out to me and sat shaking.  Little Tam scared my dog
to death.

Tam now barks at the dogs.  In fact, whenever the dogs get near the
cages, she has been barking at them.  It's funny and she gets louder with
every try.  I don't know if this is a temp thing or if she will always do
it but in the meantime, it's too funny to watch her and she gets the
attitude when she barks.  She moves her body with the bark.  I will keep
you all updated.

Please visit our sites:
www.freewebs.com/dlightfulferrets/