From:
William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 22:06:30 -0400
>From:    Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Reply to Zen-Re: IBD in Utah kids
>
> Perhaps you don't take IBD seriously enough.

I am quite sure you do not know why that is definitely not true.  The
disease hits quite close to me.  Closer than most know; possibly closer
even than many who think they know.  I have very strong reason to be
concerned about the claim that IBD can be a precursor to lymphoma.

It is because I do take IBD and it's cousin, Crohn's, quite seriously
that I wonder that too many are misdiagnosing the disease all of a
sudden.  I have discussed this with others involved in sheltering.  I
believe at lesat one vet is also concerned about the rash of this disease
being diagnosed.

ECE has a longer history here on the East coast.  The shelter that might
have been the main start of the disease in the US is not far from here.
I do not recall there being a lot of cases of what seem to be IBD arising
in the ferrets that survived the disease.

Sukie's take on it be a catchall type diagnosis when no specific disease
comes to mind is perhaps right on target and a better statement of what I
actually meant and should have said.

I have read part of Dr. Williams article - part because it seems to have
disappeared while I was reading it.  He seems to have changed his mind
since we first talked to him about this almost ten years ago.