From:
"Tikki Mite (Terry)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 07:55:18 -0500
Well, our little CD had quite a time 2 wks ago.  When we got him we knew he
had adrenal problems as he was half bald.  He was low in weight so we waited
to get some weight put back on him (which we did).  About the time I figured
to call our vet and have surgery done CD decided to have other problems.  I
came home from work and found him straining to go potty.  At first I thought
it was a blockage as he tends to eat plastic.  When he started crying and
straining I called the vet.  Got him in and our regular vet told us it was a
urinary obstruction.  He was unable to catheterize him and did not have the
knowledge or experience to do surgery.  He did relieve some of the pressure
on him bladder and told us that if we didn't get help he would be dead by
morning.  this is at 7 pm.  We called all over and could not find a vet
until one was recommended to us 2 hours away.  We called him and he said to
ge CD to him as quick as poss.  We got there at 8:30 and he examined CD,
took x-rays, gave him a kiss on the head and had him in surgery by 10:00.
We got home at mid-night and at 12:30 Dr Culver called us and said CD came
through surgery with flying colors.  He removed the blockage and the left
Adrenal and reduced the right.  This all happened on a Thurs.  and we
brought CD home Sat.  This wonderful man who stayed up all night to save
CD's life has called several times to check up on him.  CD is doing great,
stitches removed and back with his cagemates and generally causing all kinds
of terror all over the house.

Thanks to all of the wonderful vets out there who really do care and aren't
too busy to at least try to help.  (I had one vet tell me he was too busy to
even look at CD).  That's another story.  I am forever in Dr Culver's debt.

Terry and The Sweet 16