From:
"Gowsell, Inez" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 09:46:30 -0500
Courtney wrote in the feb. 27/97 FML:
>From:    "Courtney J. Scholl" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: TV references
>... I was watching a rerun of "Friends" tonight and it was supposed to be a
>flashback to 3 years before they were all friends.  One of the characters
>was looking for a roomate and he rejected someone because they had ferrets,
>plural.  Hmm, I don't see this as a reason to reject someone!  I just may
>have to rethink my opinion of this show.  8*)

I got an apartment(well, room in a house) one time *because* of my ferret!
I was looking for an inexpensive place to live and found one that was
incredibly cheap.  I phoned the lady, asked if pets were okay, mentioned I
had a cat (it was easier than trying to describe what a ferret was back
then), and she said she had dogs.  Then I told her I had a ferret, not a
cat.  She let me look at the place and we hit it off immediately.  She had
other people already look at the place and they were going to phone back,
but she gave me first refusal!  (A few months after I moved in, she told me
it was because of the ferret that she gave me first choice on the place.)

And now... another limerick.  It's also an... epitaph (I think that's the
word I want) for my first ferret.  (1983-1990)

Cocoa was a sweet little fert,
and people she never did hurt.
But, she surprised the odd one,
when, just for fun,
She poked her head out of my shirt!

inez

Inez Gowsell         <[log in to unmask]>
Multilingual.  Can read and write:  Unix, Dos, OS/400, and VAX commands;
C, C++, other programming languages.
Speak:  English, a little French and less German
(Work at, but do not speak for:  Cognos Inc.  Ottawa   Canada)