From:
Jean McKim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 07:04:31 EDT
>Almost 16 hours.  Has anyone done a move like this, and if so, how have
>your ferrets done?

We moved from NY to MI in 1986.  About a 12 hour drive, but we broke down
in PA, so it was longer.  We had the two ferrets in a carrier in our
hatchback.  They did fine.  They did get some interested looks at the
garage we were towed to as we were walking them on their leashes.

We also were moving a canary, finches, a snake, an iguana, 3 fish tanks
of fish, 3 gerbils and a hamster.  Pretty full hatchback.  We only lost 1
black angelfish (notoriously sensitive) even with the delay.

Hope you have an airconditioned car!  Good luck.

Jean