From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 07:38:23 -0400
This one is hot off the press  -

I changed June's Angel's litter pan this week, the old one was showing
signs of wear and was hard to wash.  The shiny finish was gone.  With
the old one, we used to go over the edge, turn around and poop.  NOW -
we walk up to the pan, turn around, back up, stand on our hands, (front
feet) and raise the toush up and drop it over the edge.  We make the
deposit, and do another hand stand, and we are out of the box.

She is so funny to watch, and I can't imagine why she does this unless
it saves time washing the hands after we visit the potty!!!

In the other cage, now that spring has come to New Hampshire and it is
milder, no one is sleeping in the alpaca lined sleep tubes.  My two new
hospice girls, Holly and Ivy, scrap over the one large hammy.

SOOOOO when I put the sauce dish of duck soup in for breakfast, who ever
has managed to secure the hammy for the night, keeps the rear end in the
hammy, puts the front feet on the cage floor, and stretches to the dish.
The other one is at the dish, and they make an X.  I keep the dish near
the door so I can reach it easily, it is on the second level away from
the potty pan, and I guess a second hammy is in order.

I honestly don't know how people live without animals.