From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 16:55:39 -0400
My daughter's fiance's, mother has 10 fuzz butts.  She doesn't have a
computer so has asked me to post this.  Last year her ferrets started
getting sick.  Symptoms were: They first seemed to have a sore throat, so
didn't want to eat.  They had green, bad smelling diarrhea, vomiting, &
lack of appetite.  She lost 3 of then & before they died they passed
blood.  Her vet said it was Parvo.

There is a Parvo scare in a county near us now & she is very worried that
someone will bring it in her house & her ferrets will get it again.  She
said she fought it with medicine & around the clock care for about 3
months.

Personally I didn't know ferrets could get Paro & I thought that dogs that
got it & survived were immune to it after that.  She went to her vet today
to ask if anyone has come up with a vaccine for ferrets yet.  If anyone has
heard of ferrets getting Parvo before could you please either email me or
post it for others to see.  She is deathly afraid of anyone bringing it
into the house on their shoes.  And a neighbor that has a outside cat, she
won't even let touch her ferrets.  I didn't think cats could get Parvo
either, but then there is a lot I don't know.

I told her you what a great group of people you all were.  Thanks in
advance.

Lynn & the 8 Sneaky Fur Suited Snakes:  Rosie, Blossom, George, QT,
Sadie, Cocoa, Caffie & Bart