From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 May 2005 17:59:23 -0700
Looking for advice - my 2 - 2.5 year old female neutered sable ferret
suddenly developed right rear leg paralysis on Thursday morning.  No
trauma or injury identified.  This has rapidly progressed (within 24
hours) to left leg, tail, and basically anything below her abdomen.  She
has been / is a happy healthy ferret, she is still alert, inquisitive,
and given half the chance would attempt to drag her hind quarters about
the house.  She appears to be in no pain, and is unaware of her
situation.  She is eating, drinking, grooming, and has regular bowl
movements (of which she appears to have little control and is unable to
maneuver to her litter box).

A local vet gave her a shot of Dexasone earlier today (she did respond
to the needle in her thigh) and has given me a course of aural Dexosone
for the rest of the week.

I fear her condition is worsening rapidly.  Has anyone experienced
anything similar / has advice / resources.  All replies much appreciated,
many thanks in advance.

Rach (new to the list)