Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 08:48:37 -0800
>Hi, I am a new subscriber thanks to Sam, MC, etc.

Thank you Rochelle, but.....the 'etc.' in the previous line refers to
Ferret Lady and she offered the most assistance in getting you on-line!
Thank you Kym.........

>I live in Nevada.  We have five fuzzys.  Without bringing attention to
>myself in town (a rural community), how can I find out how many ferrets I
>can have, what are the regulations etc.

The state of Nevada recognizes ferrets as a domestic animal, therefore, no
permits or licenses are required.  The county or city may require something,
although I really doubt it.  Call your local animal control office and ask
them, or, call your county or city's licensing department.  They will be
happy to tell you if a permit/license is required.  (That is how they
generate funds, you know!  <GRIN>)   You do NOT have to give a name when
enquiring.  If they ask you, give them a non-de-plume.  (I know you are not
in Washoe County, but I can tell you that Washoe County taxes everything,
and ferrets are not touched.  It is a pretty safe bet that if Clark County
and Washoe County are not interested, you are safe where you are!)

MC (The Rude One)