From:
Jennifer Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 14:44:07 -0500
Just wanted to update everyone who wrote me about the two old guys who were
looking for a home.  Well, it turns out they are definitely coming to stay
with my group.  They will be arriving next weekend.  My daughter is very
excited, I'm somewhere in between wanting to make their remaining time
happy and loving, but on the other hand, I know the emotional toll will be
costly when the 7 year old leaves so soon.  I've been trying to get the
sucker off my forehead, but nothing seems to remove it....

I have not posted recently about my 20 month old Syd, the one with the
weird growth next to the kidney.  The biopsy came back as adrenal
carcinoma.  My vet and the operating vet (Anna Edling) were both surprised
and stumped.  The growth was larger than a walnut and the adrenal was
enmassed in the weird growth.  He has never shown a single sign of any
sickness or health problem.  Still fat, roly-poly guy with a beautiful
thick winter coat.  Always in trouble and looking for treats, never the
slightest hint of aggressive behavior.  We are praying that she removed
everything, she did a full exploratory and all other organs were perfect.
He goes back the beginning of February for another ultrasound and we will
continue on that route, hoping never to find anything!

Thanks to everyone who wrote offering support when this first happened -
with both the seniors and Syd's surgery.

Hugs to everyone,

Jen and Gang