From:
Jen N Andre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 00:01:02 -0400
To PA (anonymous poster) regarding ferrets and furnature:

One thing my ferrets have taught me is that you can't fight that "ferret
drive."  Plants WILL be dug up, garbage cans WILL be knocked over and
furnature WILL be gotten into... When we got our sofa we bought heavy
canvass and stapled/sewed it all over the bottom of the sofa, neatly of
course, it looks like it was made that way.  Anyhoo... the ferrets scratch
and scratch but can't get through the canvass.  It's been 5 or 6 years now
and it's still holding strong.

Don't try to discipline ferrets for doing ferret things, it won't work.
All you can do is make the things inaccessable to them.  (take away
plants, move the garbage can, etc)

Good luck!

Jen
Newton, Dobie, Fig and Mojo