Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 19:29:46 -0400
Okay, I'm in the middle of realising that I'll actually be back in
California before too long, and I'm still not organised - oops.

I really would like to visit with more ferrety-types, so... anyone in
Southern California who has a clue about what (free if possible) places
can be utilised for a get-together, feel free to post here or email me
direct at [log in to unmask] - be aware that I haven't got a geographical
clue about Californian towns... so I may not be the best person to make a
decision!  Best bet, IMO, is to post ideas here.  (or apf, where I've also
posted this notice)

Also, I found some nice cheap flights to San Francisco so that I can visit
with Jeanne Carley - however they involve my staying over.  If there is
*anyone* in the San Francisco area who can offer a place to stay on the
evening of Friday September 22 and an early morning ride to the airport
(Saturday September 23), I'd be ecstatic.  If there are no responses here,
please don't assume that I will have received responses privately.  There
have been several places on this trip that I've had to cancel visiting
because I've had no place to stay.  I really would *not* like this to be
one of those times.  If anyone has any ideas as to people I could impose
on for the evening, a quick note in their ear for them to contact me ASAP
(or whatever's best in this situation) would be appreciated also.

I'm with Bev Fox (North Coast Ferrets) right now.  I can tell all the
animals are highly abused (they come running for attention and scream - pat
me pat me!) their cats are obviously neglected (they refuse to let you
alone, rubbing up against you, *insisting* on attention) and their dogs are
vicious (they lick you to death as soon as you walk in the door) She leaves
me all alone for a day at a time, forcing me to invite "strangers" over to
join me!  Then yesterday I was dragged kicking and screaming to watch a
sunset while fishing on the lake ARGH!!  Somebody help me!!  (Note: Bev
doesn't really abuse her animals, nor does she neglect them.  The dogs
aren't really vicious, and she really DID leave me all on my lonesome to
fend for myself - with fellow FMLers <G>)

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Ferrets 2000 - time flies doesn't it?
Bob C - just 'cause I'm not from around here doesn't mean I can't harass
you just as good as the Americans and Canadians can!  I'm looking forward
to hearing your rendition of "Cows With Guns" ferret-style <G>

Sam (sitting on the [log in to unmask] address during my travels, while
my other email addy gathers spam)