From:
"DeRose, Pat" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 07:42:24 -0500
Hi all,

Just a quick note about my Sparky:

Last weekend, Sparky seems more sleepy than her usual self.  She had been
for her annual/shots the prior weekend & all was OK.  Twice over the
weekend, we noticed she was drooling!  This is something we had never
seen.  I spoke to the vet on-call on Sunday to get an idea of how critical
this was & she did not think it super-critical, since Sparky was eating &
drinking (although less than normal), but she suggested getting her in the
next day.  She did have one sneezing/coughing spell.  Sparky is a little
over 4 years old.

So, on Monday, we went to the vet.  I had to leave her :( while he did a
blood test, which came back normal.  He gave her amoxycillan.  For a few
nights, there was alot of sneezing/coughing, but today (Friday) she is
almost 100%, as far as eating, dooking,dancing, etc.  He does want to see
her again.

One of the things that frightened me was during the exam on Monday, he
said he felt 'masses' near the sight of the rabies injection.  I tried to
feel for them but they did not seem obvious to me.  She was very tender
when he was feeling her.  He said he has seen 'infection' on the site in
cats & dogs, never ferrets.  So this is what he wants to check on next.

Please say a prayer for my little angel.

Prayers to all the sick, hurt or lost and condolences to all those at the
Bridge.

Sincerely,
Pat & Sparky the ferret & Honey the bunny

[log in to unmask] (work)
[log in to unmask] (home)