From:
Ariel White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 12:45:33 -0700
I love books!  I have several bookshelves scattered all over my house and
I'm trying to find a way to squeeze some more in.  My homeless books,
however, are not piled on the floor, coffee table or footrest; they are
stacked on already-full shelves as high as possible off the ground.  Any
books you have sitting defenseless are indeed vulnerable to FLO attacks and
should be placed somewhere safe.  But I think it's possible to organize
things so that both your fuzzies and your books are happy!

As someone already mentioned, I found that packing the lower shelves
tightly with books kept my fuzzies from book-tipping.  I put all my big
heavy tomes down on the bottom.  When I did it consistently they didn't
usually bother to check anymore.  However, if I forget to put a book or
two back for a few days they will usually figure it out and gleefully
empty the rest of the shelf.  I also stack the books on the higher shelves
close to edge of the shelf, so there's no space for a fuzzy to jump to.

I read of one lady who used spring-loaded curtain rods across the
bookshelves to keep the books in place, which I thought was a good idea,
if you have those persistent book-fuzzies.

Ariel and her dynamic duo